Thursday, December 5, 2013

PERFUME PASSION: Kate Spade's Twirl


I am a bit of a sucker for beautiful packaging and floral scents.  I am trying to not get too attached to Kate Spade's "Twirl" because I just found out that it is discontinued. So typical. I am a sucker for all things discontinued! Anyways... according to Sephora:

"Twirl's fruity top notes sparkle with pink watermelon, blackberry, and red currant. Heart notes of fresh flowers take the next dance, including orange blossom, jasmine, and magnolia. The fragrance dries down to a base of luminous musks and a touch of a French macaroon-straight from the patisserie, of course. The flacon is round with gold dots, it's like a disco ball in a bottle filled with champagne.”

Please excuse my artistic liberties with this picture...

Now if that doesn’t sound like fun I don’t know what does.  The bottle displays Kate’s signature gold dots adding a touch of whismy.  It is a youthful scent with a more mature twist. What I’m trying to say is it isn’t a cotton candy in your face kind of scent, but a pretty, preppy scent.  I must confess that I do not like the scent enough to use it exclusively, but I do reach for it often in my rotation of fragrances.

I am a bit crushed that this scent has been discontinued.  A quick google search tells me that you can pick up this scent on ebay. I enjoy wearing it but not enough that I am going to run out and get a backup. At least there are a million other scents I’m dying to try. I think I’ll be just fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment