Tuesday, December 10, 2013

HAUL: Sephora

I went into Sephora to repurchase a serum that helps to clear my skin and disaster struck.  I ended up getting many things all skin related likely because I have been self conscious of my ridiculous acne that started cropping up three months ago.  Anyways here is what I picked up:
 I repurchased the beauty blender because it works. I am no makeup artist by any stretch of the imagination and this magic egg sponge makes me look more flawless and less streaky.  These sponges are annoyingly expensive but I don't think you can put a price on having your face blend into your neck. Sadly, I am guilty of being "that girl" with a demarcation line on her jaw. 



This Peter Thomas Roth gel is a repurchase and surely will not be the last bottle I buy. This gel is 10% glycolic acid. I noticed a slight change in my lines and do believe this product is anti-aging. The real reason why I repurchased this gel is I noticed a difference in the clarity of my skin. It also was not drying which is important for where I live. Check it out here  
When I woke up this morning my cystic acne was particularly inflamed. I decided to stop using all products that contain silicones. In my mind I am certain it is silicone that is breaking my skin out. My roommate believes it is stress. It's probably both.  I have tried many different primers and all of them break me out with the exception of Laura Geller's Spackle. Since I am out of Spackle, I decided to try a small bottle of Sephora silicone free primer.  Hopefully it is kind to my skin. Click here for more info.

 I am very hopeful for this product. I really want to like it. I hope it is kind to my skin. All of my other foundations and BB creams have the dreaded "dimethicone"as an ingredient. At this point my "allergy" to this ingredient is just a hypothesis. I decided to try this Tarte foundation because it is also silicone free.  It had fairly good reviews so I am optimistic Click here for more info.
This a sample of the cleansing wipe the lady at the till popped in my bag. If you saw my skin you would understand why she selected it for me. Personally, I'm not a fan of wipes because they don't clean my skin deep enough. If I am going to use a wipe it needs to be gentle enough to use on my eyes.  I'm pretty sure that these wipes will turn my eyes bloodshot red with their clarifying ingredients! I'll test it out but I don't think these wipes are worth the cost. Clearly I'd rather buy more eyeshadow.

My downfall is that I am incredibly impatient and want my skin to be better NOW! I am trying to resist the urge to change all of my products at once so I can figure out which product helps or hinders my skin. I'll be sure to keep you in the loop with how my skin is progressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment