Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Beauty Resolutions

I can't believe it is 2014 already! I rang in the new year with a bang last night and have spent the day relaxing. New Years Resolutions seem to be a divisive topic. I religiously make resolutions that I always forget about and break. One of my best friends thinks New Years Resolutions are ridiculous and she will make changes in her life as they need to happen. In the spirit of a New Year and fresh starts here are my beauty resolutions! 

Wash my face before falling asleep
I can fall asleep anytime, anywhere which means that I frequently fall asleep with makeup on.  When I do this my face typically revolts and giant mountainous zits crop up on my face. I am not looking for perfection but I would like to get into more of a routine.

Wash makeup brushes more often
Sadly, I do not do this enough which leads to a lot of bacteria spreading all over my face.  Germs aside, I think dirty brushes do not show the true colours of products which can lead to a colourful mess all over your face. 

Drink more water
I do not drink enough water which is likely not helping my skin.  I notice a big difference in my skin when I am drinking water and when I am dehydrated. 

No new makeup purchases for 3 months
My friends regularly make fun of me for the amount of makeup I have amassed. There is nothing that I will be running out of in the next three months and I am planning on putting a dent in my stash. This means that I will not be blogging about hauls, and hopefully be talking about products I have used up. (There will be an upcoming haul from Hautelook. I haven't received the package in the mail yet).

Blog More
I really have been sucking at blogging regularly and know very little about maintaining a blog. This year I hope to expand my readership, blog more regularly and develop my style as a writer. 

Best of Luck in 2014!



2 comments:

  1. To keep your brushes bacteria free in between a full shampoo - Quo has a sanitizer. All the girls in the boutique use it after each client and then shampoo them at the end of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your suggestion Sarah! Wouldn't you know it.... I have a Quo sanitizer! It's blue right? I'll start using it more. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete