Thursday, January 9, 2014

EMPTIES


Hi Friends!

I have always loved posts about empties because if someone uses up a whole product then they have a good idea about how it performs. I have been collecting empties for a while now. Some of the products I absolutely LOVE and will continue to repurchase and some I won't.  I have been on a big natural product kick for the last year so the majority of these products are "natural" and purchased from Planet Organic.


Giovanni's Golden Wheat Deep Cleanse Shampoo $9.79 at Well.ca

I purchased Giovanni's Golden Wheat Deep Cleanse Shampoo because I needed a clarifying shampoo you know to remove all the gunk and product build up in my hair.  This shampoo was mediocre. It also left my hair feeling very stripped. Part of the problem is that this line is natural and therefore it doesn't have the powerful punch of "salon" shampoos.  I won't be repurchasing this.
Fekkai's Brilliant Glossing Olive Oil Shampoo $28 at Shopper's Drugmart... as you can see I crushed this with my bare hands to get out every last drop of product!
I love Fekkai's Brilliant Glossing Olive Oil Shampoo. The smell is out of this world AND makes my hair very glossy! The downside is this shampoo is very expensive. So expensive that for two years this was my "fancy day" shampoo. What is a "fancy day" you ask? It is a day when you want to look your best and have some extra pep in your step from your fancy expensive shampoo.  I will absolutely repurchase this shampoo however it will be through Shoppers Optimum points or if I win the lottery.


Alba Botanica's Natural Hawaiian Conditioner in So Smooth Gardenia $9.99 at Well.ca
When I think of Alba Botanica's So Smooth Gardenia Conditioner the only thing that comes to mind is meh. This conditioner was alright. Fairly good in fact for being a natural product but it just didn't help my hair. At times it really weighed it down and tangled easily. I won't be repurchasing this.


Rusk Sensories Brilliance Leave-In Conditioner $12 at Rusk.com
Next up is Rusk Sensories Brilliance Leave-In Conditioner. The smell of this product is incredible! The grapefruit really shines through and leave my hair smelling citrus fresh.  I have had this product for a very long time and it replaced my Moroccan Oil and Chi Silk Infusion when I ran out. Let's just say this conditioner does not hold a candle to the fancy hair oils, but I would repurchase it again if the price was right.


Bath and Body Works -price unknown probably a 5/$25 deal or something
I love apple scents. Probably more than I like actual apples. This is your run of the mill Bath and Body Works Soap, it foams and cleans but the smell is out of the world. I'll repurchase once I get through my stash. It's a nice fall scent.



This is one of my favourite Christmas soaps because it makes your hands smell like fragrant Christmas trees sans inevitable allergic reaction.  I do adore this scent but restrained myself when in BBW recently and did not pick up anymore. Why didn't I repurchase? Because it is no longer Christmas and I have more than enough soap to get me through until spring... and possibly summer. 


Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash in Pink Grapefruit $11.49 at Well.ca
I have saved the best for last! Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash in Pink Grapefruit. This is probably my fourth bottle of this stuff and I do not anticipate discontinuing using this product. I often switch back and forth between face washes and thus breaking the cardinal rule of skin care (sticking to a skin routine).  When my skin gets VERY bad or starts to look like it's going in that direction, I reach for this stuff and it does not disappoint. The wash foams into an deep cleansing lather with little beads that exfoliate your skin.  I use this wash in the evening to remove all my face makeup and it does a good job of removing everything. Did I mention it smells AMAZING???

And there you have it! All my empties ready to be recycled!

... And Remember... you're Beautiful!
XO

Note: All products were purchased by me (except for Rusk, it was a gift from a friend), and all opinions are my own :)

No comments:

Post a Comment