Sunday, January 5, 2014

Another Year Older!

Hi Friends,

Today is my 29th Birthday and in the spirit of getting older I wanted to do a little blog post on the subject.  I experienced an interesting beauty evolution in my 20's going from a girl who didn't really wear any makeup and was hopeless at liquid liner to taking 45 (!) minutes to put on my face. I am slowly scaling back now and going for a more put together professional look.

I didn't really have anyone to show me about makeup and learned everything I know through youtube and trial and error (emphasis on the error).  I went through a phase where I never wanted to leave my house without makeup and now I only wear makeup when I want.  I don't feel the same pressure that I did when I was younger.  The truth is I really enjoy makeup. It is downright relaxing. I have a high stress occupation and taking 30 minutes to focus on something completing frivolous feels good.

I'm not really worried about moving into my 30's.  I can't recall ever being afraid of getting older, but I do have a fear of not accomplishing everything I want to do. A focus of my 30's will hopefully be centred around financial stability instead of seeking out a limited edition MAC eyeshadow.  I have amassed quite a collection and I think it's time to start scaling back.  How much makeup could I possibly need?

I'm excited for the year ahead!


.... And Remember You're Beautiful!
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment