Sunday, January 12, 2014

REVIEW: Kim Kardashian Perfume

Hi Friends,

I am a sucker for celebrity fragrances. Well at least I used to be. Now I am really into fragrances from various fashion house (Daisy by Marc Jacobs, Florabotanica by Balenciaga) but unfortunately I am left with many celebrity scents that I must use up.

I think a fragrance tells you a lot about a person. For example, are you more floral? woodsy? musk? sweet? citrus?  With that premise a celebrity fragrance is a perfect way to get to know your favourite celebrity in a up close and personal way.  The only catch is how many celebrities are actually involved in the development process of the fragrance. In virtually every interview celebrities claim to be very involved through every step of the way in creating a fragrance claiming they are not like those other celebrities who will slap their name on anything.

Anywhoo, when this scent came out I was dying to try it. The only problem is it was expensive and didn't want to pay full price for it. Finally, an eternity later it showed up on the $20 fragrance shelf at Shopper's Drugmart and I did not hesitate to pick up this puppy.


Kim has been releasing fragrances pretty much every year since 2009 and apparently has 6 in total (according to Fragrantic). This self titled fragrance has notes of white floral, tuberose, animalic (no clue what this is), woody, warm spicy, and balsamic.  To be honest I can't smell the majority of the notes in this fragrance as I do not have a developed nose and the tuberose is very overpowering.  The fragrance does not seem to have a good lasting power.  I know this because I dowse myself in this stuff and it seems to fade away very quickly.  So typical of a celebrity scent.

Overall, I like this perfume especially since the price was right. I am not eager to run out and repurchase this puppy because I have a gazillion other fragrances that I must get through before I can buy more.

Have a great day!

...and remember you're beautiful!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment